Academics at Andrean
Andrean High School offers a Catholic value-centered college preparatory experience, laying moral and intellectual building blocks that help guide students through their lives, operated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Gary, Indiana. Andrean academics involve traditional, rigorous coursework and support from dedicated educators that lead to students graduating as confident young men and women ready to excel in their next chapter of life.
An 18:1 student-to-teacher ratio provides students with the personal attention needed for their education and formation. Andrean strives to help students discover their God-given talents: academically, personally, socially, and spiritually.
- 52% of Andrean Faculty members have a Master's Degree or higher
- 14 Advanced Placement courses, 23 Honors courses offered, 7 Dual Credit courses
- 62% or students are enrolled in one AP or Dual Credit course
- Career exploration internship opportunities
- 15 consecutive years of National Merit Scholarships Semifinalists
- A-Rated school by the Indiana Department of Education
- 34 zip codes served
- 33 school districts feed into Andrean (including 10 Diocesan Partners)